Ht

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
If anyone upgrades a intel and they are thinking to spend the extra money for HT.. GET IT. ITS F ING amazing. SOO fast. Get a CPU with HT :D

It's pretty tough for a benchmark to show the benefits of HT.. I find it makes a big difference in overall system responsiveness (ie. opening programs, especially lots of programs at once), and that kind of thing won't show up in a conventional benchmark.

yea i just did some... it did not really shot much of a difference.. there rate with HT was 410.5 and without was 405.9. So not really much of a difference..

beedubaya said:
Shows that HT is more of an Intel marketing strategy than anything

You sure? Because I know I'M sure that the above post by þÄ®âÐÖx said that benchmarks dont really show the use of HT or whatever...

So... :p

HT is faulty. it has some kind of confliction with virtual memory..

for example I was running 2 instances of a game (very high demand on ram) and my virtual memory went short after baout 20 mins.. 10 second later, my comp crashed.. happend to me twice after about 20 mins of playing...

I turned off HT in bios and I went on 2-3 hours without my system crashing.

I have read that HT doesn't really do that much for the typical user and in instances can cause slower performance, but in some situations can improve system performance by as much as 50% (this was on an Intel website so...)

I think its pretty useless, but if i bought a P4(never will, AMD rules), i would get HT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom