Vista Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
my pc boots fine POSTS and everything then gets to the scrolling loading bar and stays on that for ages and dosnt continue onto the login screen, wheni insert the insatllation disc it loads files then the screen just goes black, it dosnt respond after ive left it for ages,

ive used vista for 6 months now and never had a problem like this, uim thinking it maybe because i tried to install linux but the instlation froze, i tried to install it so it kept ,y windows partition but the linux instalation abr just stayed at 0%. ive tried booting into last known good configuration but the same thing happens thanks ion advance

errr yes, that wasnt a god idea i know, but ive got a geelng it damaged the windows partition so i might format it with g-parted and see if that helps, if not ill try a different drive

update: formatted my drive with g-parted, pooped? i mean popped my vista cd in to my pc, that appears to work, im thinking what happened was trying to install linix on the same drive kind of corrupted the vista partition

No problem, well trying to install 2 OS in one HDD is pretty much impossible. It'll probably corrupt plenty of files and overwrite other files that are very important in the System32 database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom