What makes the GIGABYTE P-35 DS3R so Great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly firewire isnt that big of a deal and shouldnt affect ur mobo buying decisions, if u need it just get a pci card

What even uses firewire anymore? Just old cameras and such. USB 2.0 is better than firewire and i honestly havent seen anything in the past 2-3 years sold that needs firewire.

That's true....theres less support for firewire, compared to USB. All my devices have been USB.

I have seen that this motherboard seems to be the one that is most promoted in these forums. I really don't know much about motherboards, and I am trying to maybe build a new computer. Why does everyone recommend this board so highly. Why not recommend the GIGABYTE GA-P35 DQ6 LGA 775 INTEL P35 ATX. Is it simply the price factor?
gasp.... pretty much said b4, cheap overclocking master

I assume that would be better than getting a PCI card. Thanks. That is now on my list.

the p35-ds3p may have some glitch issues because it supports ddr2 and 3 ram... but if u want firewire.. some cases have them built into the front... just hook up the case headers on ur board!!!

The DS3P does not support DDR3. The P35c-DS3R does.

The DS3P has an upgraded NB heatsink and has a firewire port, other than that it's basically the same board as the DS3R.

The DS3P does not support DDR3. The P35c-DS3R does.

The DS3P has an upgraded NB heatsink and has a firewire port, other than that it's basically the same board as the DS3R.

oh lol my bad.. u caught me.... but why spend the extra cash on it.... the ds3r is jst as good :0

It is my understanding that firewire can be a faster connection for some items. For $20 more, I can have firewire on the board. If it is the same board other than the firewire, it would be worth it to me to pay the $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom