antec 900 w/ extra case fan
lg 20" widescreen
g5mouse, microsoft keyboard
2 seagate 320GB's
rosewill 750w PS
dvd burner, dvd rom, and floppy drive
tuniq 120
crucial ballistix 2GB

actually just double checked my spreadsheet, im only $956 in the hole.

but i still lack a q6600, 8800 ultra, and 680i board

i waste too much money :sigh:

Why are you still going for an Ultra and a 680i board, if you lack the funds? Why not a P35-DS3R and GTS 320?

Why are you still going for an Ultra and a 680i board, if you lack the funds? Why not a P35-DS3R and GTS 320?

i dont lack the funds. i have bills, so i try to manage my money so i wont be broke for a week or two.

if im building it, im gonna build it the way i want it, not downgrade from what i really want to save a few bucks. im gonna get another ultra when the 9 series comes out and prices drop...then its gonna stay this way until i NEED to upgrade again (hopefully not for at least 2 years)

Started at a goal of $1000.00 but eventually I decided to get the GTX, a better power supply, processor, case, etc...

Ended up costing $1300.00-$1400.00

Well, I am proud to say that my rig has stayed within budget.....

Original budget in July of 2005 was $1500, and the total was $1400something shipped. (Gaming rig in sig). Only difference is the x800 Pro was replaced by an X1950XT at no cost to me (christmas present).

The NAS box budget was $500, and it ended up being about $525 or so shipped. Got the 150 gig drives on Black Friday for $300 for the pair (that was a STEAL back in 2006), and the NAS box for about $225 at Microcenter (should have waited and gotten it for $205 shipped from Newegg, but oh well.)

And now, the gaming rig is a $1400 doorstop.... won't POST... and the NAS box is always off in an effort to maximize electricity savings... new bills are breaking my back in the house...

Budget of $650 and spent $650. Overclocked like crazy to get a great bang for the buck. Sadly that was a couple years back and I need a upgrade soon.

So far im about 900 dollars into this new rig, didnt really have a hard budget but im guessing i'll finish up around 1400 or so once im completely finished. All thats left right now is to replace the video card and maybe upgrade power supply.

I initially planned on spending $1,000, but I ended going for a quad instead and a tuniq 120 instead of stalk cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom