performance issue with vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erratic

Solid State Member
Alright, first off all a while back I picked out a graphics card to put into my comp. (thanks again ;D)

So installed my new graphics card and another stick of RAM (and a PSU) everything worked great i was extremely happy with my purchase. aAfew days later the RAM crapped out and in the process of me trying to figure out what was wrong, i completely reset my computer to stock settings.

I have since sent out my memory to be replaced, and have installed the replacement, but its not the same performance I was getting before, infact it seems like installing the new gig didn't have any effect at all. (although it is completely installed and functioning)

Ive narrowed it down to maybe I dont have up to date drivers for my graphics card or somethign else happened to it when i switched my settings.( not sure where to get the newest drivers, etc)

would just like to get back to the original newly installed performance any help would be appreciated. :)

EVGA Geforce 7900 btw

windows xp Nvidia drivers for series 7 cards:
ForceWare Release 162

and reset settings? as in what? formatted hard drive or just the BIOS. If you formatted you`ll need to upgrade your motherboard drivers too. if you went from 1 gig to 2 gigs the performance increase isn't that noticeable except loading times for games etc might be improved.

i think i just reset the bios becuase i didnt have to reinstall windows or anything.

let me clarify my problem though see as i wrote the first one at like 4 AM.

1 - stock comp performance
2 - new upgrades (2gigs, vid crad, PSU)
3 - after reset and only 1 gig
4 - back to vid card, 2 gigs, and PSU

the problem is im getting the same perfomance at 4 as i was at 1.

ive updated my vid card drivers but that didnt help much, not sure where to get mobo drivers from as the HP site only gave me a program to see if i my current drivers are functioning properly.

Any leads?
Should I try uninstalling my video card and reinstalling it?
my loading times seem to be faster but my gameplay is still down in the area of 3-9 FPS on WoW playing at medium-low settings. :mad:

Bit of a noob here, but are there any guides to reformatting my system, also i cant find/not sure if my computer came with a windows disc for me to re-install XP, am i screwed into buying another OS if i reformat?

Well you can always download an OS from here, but you'll also have to get the key's as well. All you really do when you format is, insert your Windows Setup CD, run it, when it gets to the partition, you just delete your current partition. Vuala, you have just reformatted and now you're starting with a fresh OS.

The only CDs that came with my computer (yes pre built) was an HP Lightscribe (?) CD and a free AOL trial CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom