ya'll are probably gonna hate me for this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jet seven is a good cooling unit.I have the Aero 4 desighn on my 2.8.Now that you no the procedure to install it .I would take it back off.Clean the die and HSink re-apply Artic Silver and re-install it.Make sure the HSink is seatting flat on the die.Also make sure there is no plastic film on the surface of the HSink.Make sure the fan speed control is working correctly .You may be able to rotate the Blower on the Hsink so it pulls air from towards the front of the case.

yea know my chip just runs hot.. it's weird as heck, my old 2500 ran like.. 40-45, this chip stays over 45c... now i'm not sure if it's just this chip or what.. but maybe yours is the same.. just built for warming you during the winter hehe.. you're chip is @ 56c which isn't too, too bad.. =/ alright i lied, that's getting pretty bad, sorry if someone else posted this but i don't feel like reading everything so.. check the thermal paste, make sure there isn't too much or too little on, paper thin sir, paper thin, good luck with that though..

if you have the money... maybe try out watercooling? iam actulyl selling mine so.. but i mean yea if worse comes to worse.. then try watercooling.

I am eventually going to go with hydrocooling once I can afford it, but for now I'm stuck with this mideival technology. I think my Jet 7 may be a lil defective or may not be getting enough power or something, but than BIOS reads that the fan is running 3300+ rpm. I'll see if the rotation is poosible and do it if so, as well as reapply as5. My CPU is kinda staying in between 127 and 131 degrees F. Perhaps I need to adjust voltage to the fan and cpu? Could somone go to my new thread "Everythings perfect except..." coz I'm askin that kind of question there.

well i mean especially for a AMD.. 3300 RPM's is not enough. I would get watercooling or what u said.. hydro cooling. Or.. you can overkill it and get a compressor like i did :p

Whats a compressor? Also, its says the Jet 7 has a limit of 3500rpm but mine is running up to 3900rpm

sup cosmic i have exactly the same setup as u the 2600 with the jet 7 and mines runnin between 50 and 55 :( imo the jet 7 is a waste of money cos it isnt much better than the stock amd. i would try reaplyin the as5 make sure it is as thin a layer as u can get though.

EDIT mine runnins at about 3900 rpm on full. its damn loud :( go with watercooling when u can afford it i am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom