Recover deleted partition !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrytree

Solid State Member
:( Hello Guys!

I was at a friends last weekend and rebuilt his computer. Two new hard disks were to be used and everything to be reinstalled. When finished, the last step was to transfer his data from the old hard disk. I removed the backup hard disk from the mobile rack and in went the old one. When everything had been copied over, I asked "are you sure that nothing is hidden somewhere?". "I'm sure" was the answer and I deleted the single partition on the old hard disk. Luckily, before I had a chance to create a new partition, he said "well, not really, I forgot, is it too late?".

I thought it was too late, unless some recovery software was purchased but I spent the best part of an hour on the Internet searching for freeware. Finally, I found TestDisk which comes in two flavours, DOS and Windows. I used the Windows based version and managed to recover the deleted partition.

Just thought I'd let you know ...... ...... but I have no idea what would have happened if I had created a new partition and formated!

I don't think there's a possibility of recovering the whole drive, maybe he should be lucky to recover the file he wants to.

Yes nssssee it is possible to recover a whole partition. I have recovered one as well as many friends. Just need the right software. Out of the 200GB partition i list i got over 99% back. I lost a couple of photos.

Just have to make sure that you do NOT write more information to the drive after you format. Yes you can format and still recover it as well. Just can not write any new info there at all. You can then recover the data with some good data recovery software. Most freeware ones wont do it you will have to buy the software.

:happy: Thanks guys! I've already find a software named Easeus Data Recovery Winzard on internet. HaHa!! I fonud them back!!:happy: :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom