Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
Hardware monitor:

CPU Temp is staying between 125-132 degrees F even after I reapplied as5 and rotated fan intake...???
vcore @ approx. 1.69v
+3.3v @ approx. 3.41v
+5v @ approx. 4.95v
+12v @ approx. 12.54v
Chassis fan 0rpm
Power 0rpm (even though both the chassis and power fans are on and running...???)
Q-Fan control [disabled]
x fan speed ratio 10/15
x speed up/down response time 4sec/8sec

Advanced BIOS Features:

Boot Virus Detection disabled
CPU level 1 cache enabled
cpu level 2 cache enabled
quick power on self test enabled
boot 1 floppy
boot 2 hdd-0
boot 3 cdrom
boot other device enabled
Boot up numblock status on
Gate A20 option Fast
typematic rate (chars/sec) 6
typematic delay(msec) 250
apic mode enabled
os/2 onboard memory >64m disabled

Advanced Chipset Features:

cpu external freq. 166MHz
cpu frequency multiple setting auto
x cpu frequency multiple 11.5x
system performance optimal
cpu interface optimal
memory frequency auto
resulting frequency auto
x memory timings optimal
x sdram active precharge delay 7
x sdram ras to cas delay 3
x sdram ras precharge delay 3
x sdram cas latency 2T
fsb spread spectrum 0.50%
agp spread spectrum disabled
x cpu vcore setting auto
x cpu vcore 1.650v
graphics arperture size 64mb
agp frequency auto
system bios cacheable disabled
video ram cacheable disabled
ddr reference voltage 2.6v
agp vddq voltage 1.5v
agp 8x support enabled
agp fastwrite capability enabled

Integrated Periphrials:

primaryvga bios agp vga card
onbaord serial port 1 3f8/irq4
onbaord serial port 2 2f8/irq3
uart2 use as COM Port
onbaord parallel port 378/irq7
parallel port mode ecp+epp
ecp dma select 3

Power management:

acpi suspend to ram disabled
video off method dpms support
ac power loss restart disabled

PnP/PCI Configuration:

x pci resoruces exclusion
pci/vga pallette snoop disabled

nvidia system utility:

fsb 332(ddr) mhz
memory bus 332(ddr)mhz
agp bus 66mhz
cpu voltage 1.850v
memory voltage 2.60v
agp voltage 1.50v

also, my videocard originally had a red light that lit when the puter was turned on, and it stayed on, but that is no more after I took it out to reapply as5, could I have damaged something or does it matter?

What adjustments should I make?

thanks for putting up with me...

132F is ~55C so its not THAT bad..

how many fans in your case do you have?

....if you don't know what an exaust fan is.. then you probobly don't have any fans at all, try to fill up all of your computers fan slots and get a 1:2(intake:exaust) ratio for you fans..

an exaust fan is a fan that sucks air out of the computer.. an intake is one that blows air in. They are both the same fan, just they can be turned over to be exaust/intake.

Yes, I have a front fan blowing in which cannot be modified, a side fan blowing in, a back fan sucking out and a top fan sucking out. I can change the back fan, but its screwed in there damn tight. I originally wanted the smoke stack method with the top fan as the exhaust but I can't get the back fan off its so tight.

Cosmic~Fury said:
Chassis fan 0rpm
Power 0rpm (even though both the chassis and power fans are on and running...???)

that's because the fans don't go through the motherboard. that's the only way the computer can monitor them. they usually have a 3 pin (i think it's 3) that plugs right into the mobo. then that wuold show something. the fans might not have the connection, as might doesn't, or you might have not plugged it in.

i have my chassis and power fan connected to the mobo with a result of 0RPMS in the moniter program. Although, they are spinning. Is it bad to have a 120MM fan plugged into the mobo...as far as power drain?

Cosmic~Fury said:

also, my videocard originally had a red light that lit when the puter was turned on, and it stayed on, but that is no more after I took it out to reapply as5, could I have damaged something or does it matter?

thanks for putting up with me...

That red light may have been the "i'm hot" light...so the AS5 could have helped to cool it down some...but probably not more than 5 degrees. But hey...cooler is cooler.

slvrstang said:
i have my chassis and power fan connected to the mobo with a result of 0RPMS in the moniter program. Although, they are spinning. Is it bad to have a 120MM fan plugged into the mobo...as far as power drain?

i always though, and i'm pretty sure that the fans don't get the power through the mobo, but directly from the psu. i might be wrong, but if i'm not, there is no drain to the mobo watsoever.

some fans (4 pin) get power from the PSU but my chassis fan and CPU fan are both 3 pin and are connected to the motherboard and ONLY the motherboard....so if they are not getting power from the motherboard then i dunno where its comin from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom