Window size with Explorer 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't reinstall internet explorer 6, but you can remove the service pack and reinstall it.

Internet explorer is built into window's explore.exe which is the core of the windows GUI.

mdshort said:
You can't reinstall internet explorer 6, but you can remove the service pack and reinstall it.

Internet explorer is built into window's explore.exe which is the core of the windows GUI.
Would reinstalling the sevice pack address my problem? and how do you remove only the service pack? in add/remove on the control panel?

start>control panel>add/remove programs>Add/Remove windows components. Can't you reinstall it there?

Ankush09 said:
start>control panel>add/remove programs>Add/Remove windows components. Can't you reinstall it there?
Yeah I'll have to install from my restore disk that came with the PC, right.

So you think theres an error with my explorer 6 then?

Wherebob,

1024x768 is used for 17" monitors. If you have a smaller one, you need to change it accordingly.

But first, given what you've already said on this thread, I would suggest you to look in one more spot. On the front of your Dell monitor, you will find some buttons with a menu setting. I would suggest finding the setting that lets you WIDEN the screen.

Lone Wolf said:
Wherebob,

1024x768 is used for 17" monitors. If you have a smaller one, you need to change it accordingly.

I would suggest finding the setting that lets you WIDEN the screen.
I have a 17" monitor

and the page fills the screen already, no gaps on either side or up and down if I'm understanding what your saying correctly. It seems to be within the page itself.

Thanks

WhereBob said:
I have a 17" monitor

and the page fills the screen already, no gaps on either side or up and down if I'm understanding what your saying correctly. It seems to be within the page itself.

Thanks

Hmm... that's weird. Well the hell w/ my suggestions then... LOL. I dunno what else to suggest. When you adjusted your text font size, you're saying nothing else was affected eh? So the pictures on ALL the websites appear 'squished' together still?

Are you saying that this only happens in IE and do not notice the problem in any other application?

I don't use IE 6.0, but i do recall an option under the 'Tools' menu where it says something like 'Fix this installation of IE'.

I don't use IE 6.0, but i do recall an option under the 'Tools' menu where it says something like 'Fix this installation of IE'. [/B]

I don't see anything under tools that says that. Even scrolled through the internet options.............hmmm

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom