New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Okay, I was thinking about getting a new monitor and I am looking at one of these two right now:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 216BW Black-Silver 21.6" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 3000:1(1000:1) - Retail

Newegg.com - LG L206WTY-BF Black 20" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 3000:1 - Retail

They both pretty much cost the same (the Samsung has free shipping), they both have good refresh rates (5ms and 2ms), the Samsung is a little bigger and I always heard Samsung makes quality monitors.

It says the Samsung has a contrast ratio DC 3000:1 but is actually 1000:1. Does the LG have "real" 3000:1 ratio? Anyway, which one of these two do you recommend, or is there another one in this price range. I would prefer to go widescreen.

However, I am not 100% I am going to buy a new monitor yet.

I would definitely pick the Samsung over the LG.

edit: ok, I didn't realize that the Samsung was $20 more, and the LG has a little bit better specs. Well...either one you pick, is an excellent choice.

I would definitely pick the Samsung over the LG.

edit: ok, I didn't realize that the Samsung was $20 more, and the LG has a little bit better specs. Well...either one you pick, is an excellent choice.

Like I said, the Samsung has free shipping, so the LG is only about 5 bucks cheaper after shipping.

Samsung. Their monitor looks really nice! :D

Yes I know, one of the reasons I want the Samsung, but I've also heard good thing from LG.

i have the samsung, its AMAZING. trust me, you wont be disapointed, and for both, its DC 3000:1 whatever that means. But id get the samsung, its just beautiful colors, contrast, size, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom