Ageia physX card worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if it takes load off the video card. It's still not worth the extra $140-200, to gain 10 fps...or a little extra eye candy. The 8800 series can handle all that, on it's own.

yeah thats true...

i guess if you just have money to blow then i'd get it

BUT there should be more games coming out later this year and early next year that will support it.

If I had that money, I'd just go for a GTX instead. Or the 9800GTX, instead of a lower end with a PhysX card.

If I had that money, I'd just go for a GTX instead. Or the 9800GTX, instead of a lower end with a PhysX card.

i think ur missing the point of the PhysX b1gapl. The PhysX titles that ONLY support the PhysX card will NOT support future graphics cards, persay the 8800 GTX or 9800 GTX. It's part of the coding that only allows the PhysX card to be used.

if i were to get some games that support the PhysX card, eventually i would get the card just for those games, because they dont support any other physics, just the card. Sure it seems like a waste of money, but $140 sounds cheap to me, but of course i have no job n no computer to run games or cards on....yet.

games that support the PhysX card r exclusive to using it, not any other physics in future graphics cards, so of course its alright to get it, BUT only if the person has the money for it.

the PS3 and 360 both use this processor also

so its not really something that is worthless to a computer. i'm probably gonna get one for my build eventually. $140 isn't alot of money.

the PS3 and 360 both use this processor also

so its not really something that is worthless to a computer. i'm probably gonna get one for my build eventually. $140 isn't alot of money.

though Havok, AGEIA's competitor, supports way more games, i see no problem in getting the PhysX card either, unless u have the money for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom