help with installing my P6N SLI FI mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats fine. i am completely stumped. i don't know a ton about computers, but i understand most of it. looking at everything, it seems like it would work. all the cables are in and everything, i just don't get it. looks like i will have to pay some money to get it professionally done. shoot. i want to see how they fix it. iunno. opefully they'll tell me.

I'll be sure to update you guys by telling you what they told me.

I know that one motherboard (usually BIOS) can not support two video cards at the same time unless the video card BIOS tells it to do so (such as SLI).

If you plug in two alternate video cards without SLI support, there will be no display at all.

I also know no video will show if an IDE cable is plugged in the wrong way.

You must assure all your cables are in correctly. Matter of fact, it could even be that because this is an SLI motherboard, you must have an SLI video card, OR you must turn off one slot using a dipswitch with 0/1 variables. Consult your motherboard guide for information.

ok, well, i have only 1 VC, and it is SLi capatable, but since i only have one, it is in the main PCIx slot, in non-SLi mode.

i tried all different combinations of IDEs, even unpluging both. still all the same result.

Are you sure the video card is in the top PCIe slot. There is two on your mobo make sure you the gfx in the upper slot. Thats all I can think of.

Have you tried another monitor, to see if your current monitor is the one having problems?

i plugged my monitor into this MacBook Pro i am using now. it worked fine. its definately not the problem.

my dad is saying that the hard drives aren't clicking or anything, not giving off the right sound, so basically the Hard drives aren't in use. i am feeling them, doesn't feel like there bein used. just slight vibations. what is the order the motherboard checks everything? does it check RAM first, then floppy and HDD then CD drives, or what. i just want to see what is stopping the motherboard from sending the signal out to the videocard. its as if something before in the checklist failed, so its not sending anything. i dunno. just wondering if that could help.

HDD; S-ATA or IDE? If it's S-ATA did you connect the power cable from the PSU to the HDD? and if it's IDE, did you connect the 4-pin molex and the IDE cable? RAM, how many MB or GB of RAM do you have?

i have 2 IDE HDDs, both 80GB, and one SATA thats 250GB. they all have power. everything is plugged in. even if they weren't plugged in, wouldn't i get a image or something from the motherboard when it started up?

*oh and i have 2GB DDR2 800 Patriot RAM

Have you tried another graphic card, to see if it's the graphic card, with the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom