HT causes random lockups, reboots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
My computer spec listed bellow..

I've never had this problem before.. even with my old 1800+ amd 512 2100 ram.. I play a game called dark age of camelot, heavy on the ram but i handled it before and can handle it now.. problem is thuogh an hour ago i sytarted playing and after a bit my comp just froze.. had to reboot.. i loaded the game up again and it did it again after about 30 mins of playng.. its not a new game, the system specs Is waayyyy higher then recommended specs.. Only thing Im thinking it could be is Hyper Threadng being enabled on my comp..

cause the thing is.. the game is heavy on ram, and I run 2 copies of the game at the same time, but never had tihs problem with my old cpu/ram, etc.. and also never had a problem yesterday or 2-3 days ago when i got my new stuff.. So if anyone knows of any known issues with HT causing lockups, random reboots, etc.. please let me know..

Yep, My suspiscions were right.. there is a problem somewhere between memory being used up and HT being active and proccessing multiple applications.. cant really explain it in detail as it only happend twice to me.. but I turned off HT in bios, and ran the same game (2 instances simultainously) and ran it for about an hour with no problems.. as where I ran it with HT on and it locked up/rebooted within 20 minutes of play..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom