Broken Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

htideswell

Baseband Member
I left the laptop on (running a virus scan and download) while i was out, and it had shut itself down while i was gone, my hard drive is no longer recognized, makes a pretty weird sound (I am on using a ubuntu boot disk) and as well as that, my wireless card doesn't seem to connect (I had to plug in directly to router).

Any ideas? I've never had any hard drive problems before, and don't have a clue where to start.

It's not shown in bios and it makes a sound as thought it's pretty strained (it's not permanent it comes and goes)

back up your data as soon as you can, to prevent data loss, as it's very likely that your harddrive is almost dead.

The replies are right on ... my hd started making strange clicking noises. They progressed over the course of 2 days and then complete system failure. Unfortunately i didnt back anything up and had to start over from scratch w/ my new hd. Good luck and act quickly.

I know I posted this awhile ago, but I think the problem I'm having now may be related.

I've backed up all my data, so If my hdd breaks I won't loose anything important, but the day after posting this, the noises stopped and my laptop has been working pretty well since.

Now the problem, is that since my hard drive started acting up, my Laptop seems to have suddenly started being very loud, just running for instance two videos on youtube, is making the same kind of sounds it would if i where running world of warcraft.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom