8800 gts or gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ya i posted a similar thread last weekend but i cant find it. I never really got a straight answer on it either. I can pick up an overclocked gts for around 280 after rebate or get a gtx for around 500. I'm going to have 289 bucks worth of credit and i just want to know if its worth the extra for a gtx or if i should roll the dice and wait for a g9.

Ah your search skills are better than mine! But still, i never really got a straight answer out of the other thread. From what ive seen there is no hard release date on the g9s and also no benchmarks. Is the resale value and longevity of the gtx worth the extra money vs the gts in the long run. Seeing as how the new video cards are almost always WAY overpriced when they first launch.

Ya i posted a similar thread last weekend but i cant find it. I never really got a straight answer on it either. I can pick up an overclocked gts for around 280 after rebate or get a gtx for around 500. I'm going to have 289 bucks worth of credit and i just want to know if its worth the extra for a gtx or if i should roll the dice and wait for a g9.

again heres a simple answer: it depends on your budget

anyone who says get neither and get a 9 series card down the road is a total buffoon imho. When a 9 series card comes out ( assuming it does come out nov/dec ) it will be at a ridiculous premium pricing since it is not only new but the most powerful on the market. If you have the money get a GTX I say since it will last you very well 3-4 years ( the GTX will have a price drop in nov/dec cause of the 9 series release which is an ideal time to buy ) or if your budget get a GTS ( non overclocked version since u can just overclock it yourself ).

Keep in mind that the gap in performance between the GTS and GTX is one of the largest gaps ever for an nvidia series of cards ( usually the gap isnt that much diff like with a ati x800 xl and xt ). It really can mean the differance of 25 fps in SupCom or 42 fps in SupCom ( I prefer the 42, which is why I got a GTX )

again heres a simple answer: it depends on your budget

anyone who says get neither and get a 9 series card down the road is a total buffoon imho. When a 9 series card comes out ( assuming it does come out nov/dec ) it will be at a ridiculous premium pricing since it is not only new but the most powerful on the market. If you have the money get a GTX I say since it will last you very well 3-4 years ( the GTX will have a price drop in nov/dec cause of the 9 series release which is an ideal time to buy ) or if your budget get a GTS ( non overclocked version since u can just overclock it yourself ).

Keep in mind that the gap in performance between the GTS and GTX is one of the largest gaps ever for an nvidia series of cards ( usually the gap isnt that much diff like with a ati x800 xl and xt ). It really can mean the differance of 25 fps in SupCom or 42 fps in SupCom ( I prefer the 42, which is why I got a GTX )

Ah see theres an answer i was looking for. I'm not looking to wait for the g9. I can afford the gtx but just wanted to know if the purchase was justified. I'm currently on a 1650 pro and am going to upgrade to either a gts or gtx. It's just a matter of WHICH one, not whether or not i buy. So the difference in price is actually worth it. I know some of the older versions of cards werent worth doubling the cost.

Also, gabb, clubIT for your g0. They guarantee it and ship same day if you order before 10 am pacific. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom