Seriously....wth is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Ok, so I know I posted on this before and I appologize, but here are some screenies for you guys to take a look at. These are temps on my laptop (Dell XPS M1210) and seriously, the CPU can almost boil water....but SpeedFan and CoreTemp have some highly differing data: (the screenshots were taken on after another)

Ok screenies arent working, but heres the data:

According to CoreTemp:

Core0: 89 celcius
Core1: 91 celcius

According to SpeedFan:

HD0: 44 celcius
Temp1: 79 celcius
Core0: 74 celcius
Core1: 76 celcius

So here are my questions:

A) Why so **** hot????
B) Why the almost 20 degree difference btw the programs?

Check the BIOS, if you can. Which should be the most accurate temperature.

Theres a 20 degree difference, because obviously, one of them is wrong.

Speedfan is reading the wrong Tjunction so you have to add 15c to it's readings. The coretemp ones are correct. No idea why it's so hot though :s, is this a new laptop or has it worked fine before?

i mean, its worked fine before, and is working fine now.....but lets get real...those temps are ridiculous and i dont know why. the fan is working and theres no dust, etc.... so really i have no idea, should i get an external cooler?

it would be a good investment, i have no experience with them so i don't know whether you will experience a big drop in temperature

Maybe it's because you keep the laptop under a pile 12 feet high of dirty clothing, sitting right on top of the furnace that powers your entire house....Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom