Scythe SCNJ-1100P Ninja Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're cooling the e6420, correct? I'd suggest the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro instead, of those two.

Link:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler for LGA775

It will do a good job, cooling that processor. Cheaper than both of those too.

In my opinion, the Tuniq as good as it is....is not needed to cool a dual core. The AF7 Pro can do it just as good, while being cheaper.

No, I was looking at the non-led tuniq fan at SVC, it costs around $8 to ship to my house from SVC which come out around $55.

I have the artic cooling freezer installed with Artic Silver 5 (Idle about 40c on the cores), but it even runs hotter than a stock cooler, that's I'm looking for a better cooler.

Hotter than stock cooler? You must of did something wrong, or you got a defective AF7 Pro, because those should do way better than the stock.

I heard some people on this forum said the artic cooling freezer runs hotter than stock cooler also.

In almost all cases, the AF7 Pro definitely should have better performance, because it has copper heatpipes unlike the stock cooler, and the MX-1 thermal pad. Which is one of the best thermal compounds available. They either did something wrong, or it was defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom