A newb story: Buying is done...time to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i mean. theres two power cable that go from your psu directly to your motherboard. the big *** 24-pin cable and the smaller atx 12v power cable that plugs into the motherboard near the cpu socket. make sure thats plugged in because i had the same message when i took that cable out and forgot the put it back in.

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!

K, don't have anything plugged into the 8 pin ATX connection on the mobo, lol, that's what happens when you don't read the mobo manual closely, lol, silly newbie.

So the complication is that there is no 8 pin connector on my OCZ GameXStream 600 watt PSU....there are however two 4 pin connectors labelled "CPU 1" and "CPU 2", here is the page: OCZ Technology | Products | Power Management | OCZ GameXStream Power Supply (NVIDIA SLI-Ready)

Is that what we are talking about? Just plug those in?

Yes...you are correct. They are separated, because some motherboards, don't use the full 8-pins for the CPU power.

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Anything I should be playing with or do in BIOS before installing the OS? I've changed the boot up sequence to DVD on restart.

THANKS AGAIN!

YAY

Try changing some things for optimization like setting PCI-E as first boot device.

Turn off unneeded ports like Printer (Parallel) and Serial.

Keep it in BIOS for a while and watch the temps: get an average idle temp.

Temps at idle in BIOS are:

29C - system
22C - cpu
38C - board

look good?

[edit]Couldnt find the answer yet in the manual, does anyone know if the EVGA 590 uses the HD AUDIO or AC97 connector?[/edit]

Will do, thanks.

What is the standard program everyone around here uses to monitor speeds, temps etc...for overclocking later.

thanks

Speedfan, CoreTemp, or Everest. Those are the most common programs for monitoring temperatures and other info.

thanks, will get them up and running once I figure out XP activation :p My old XP Pro from pre SP1 is no longer activating, not sure why...so cant update to SP1 and SP2.

bah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom