Maximum hard disk space support on Windows XP/Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcmoon

Baseband Member
Hi,

What is the limit of hard disk space that both Windows XP and Windows Vista support?

I am thinking about building a Windows XP system for storage i was wanting very large hard drives something like 1TB.

Please help

There is no preset limit. I have over 1TB of storage and both XP and Vista recognize it all.

I had read if I remember correctly the space limit is about 1 exabyte on xp, which means about 1 million Terrabytes.

Yeah here is the thing. I would like to see any person at home reach that limit. A TB isnt that hard now. But there is no one with a PetaByte let alone a Exabyte.

Any person wouldn't need that much, unless they're trying to store the Earth's whole recorded history.

I could use a PB. Only cause then i could store my whole 700+ Movie collection on my HDD. That and my music, pics and everything. That would be sweet. I would just need the 40GB/s internet connection to be able to download more and i would be in heaven. :D

Well in ten years from now a Petabyte will be just like a normal 250Gbyte HD for now. Both for price and usage.

How do you know that is true? They are almost at the limits of hard drive space right now with the new perpiducular technology. So how can you say that they will have a PB HDD in ten years?

I wouldnt get so bold as to make predictions about hte future like that. PC's have a bad way of making liars out of the best people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom