Does This Make any Sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
I'm overclocking, and I notice when I input "1140" it drops my ram speed from 560, to 534, and when I try and reenter a speed value for ram, it won't change it.

P5NSLI

C2D E6420

Is this the P5N-E SLI? How come you mentioned the 570 chipset? That chipset, is for AMD boards.

Anyway, yea...I know what you're saying, because we have similar motherboards. It has something to do with the multipliers. To make it simple, try to make both of them equal. So if the FSB is at 1140 or 285 (1140 divided by 4), than the RAM should be at 285 or 570 (285 x 2).

Is this the P5N-E SLI? How come you mentioned the 570 chipset? That chipset, is for AMD boards.

Anyway, yea...I know what you're saying, because we have similar motherboards. It has something to do with the multipliers. To make it simple, try to make both of them equal. So if the FSB is at 1140 or 285 (1140 divided by 4), than the RAM should be at 285 or 570 (285 x 2).

P5NSLI, is the 570.

I cant change the value of the ram, it wont allow me. I type in 570 for the value, but when I boot back in it is still the lower number.

But this is my first build, and it works fine, so if I cant overclock more, I guess that will be fine.

Deadpixel said:
P5NSLI, is the 570.

ahh...I didn't know that. I was thinking of it, being related to my P5N-E SLI, which is the 650i.

Are you overclocking unlinked or linked?

Oh sorry....referring to the P5N-E again.

OK theres a way to set the FSB and RAM speed manually. To do this, go to the Advanced section, then JumperFree Configuration, then set the AI Tuning to AI Overclock. Set the System Clock Mode to CPU/MEM manual-mode, and you should be able to set the FSB to 1140, and the RAM to 570, for a 1:1 ratio.

Oh sorry....referring to the P5N-E again.

OK theres a way to set the FSB and RAM speed manually. To do this, go to the Advanced section, then JumperFree Configuration, then set the AI Tuning to AI Overclock. Set the System Clock Mode to CPU/MEM manual-mode, and you should be able to set the FSB to 1140, and the RAM to 570, for a 1:1 ratio.

That is what I have been doing, but the BIOS wont change the ram. I type in a number for memory speeds, but it won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom