Xbox 360 Mod Chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I just bought an xbox 360 and was wondering whats the best mod chip for under $100 that allows me to burn copys of games and play them on xbox live with a gold account. I am addicted to it now and dont look foward to spending alot of money on games. I doubt I am allowed to ask this question but well soon find out. :)

lol, yeah, i don't think you are allowed to ask, but I looked into it a while ago and I advise staying far far away! Reasons:

To burn the games you need to have your xbox open and connected to your computer through some crazy *** wires directly onto your xbox's motherboard or something, it isn't a simple case of copy DVD. It takes time and you need to start fresh for each game, but there are tutorials out there. Risky if you don't know what you are doing.

There isn't just a mod chip that you plug in and it works fine and / or dandy. You gotta install firmware and flash the xbox, yet again through programs run on the computer and you yet again plugging things into the console's hardware.

You wanna play on xbox live? har har har, you gotta be kidding. microsoft aint morons, they pwn up people who hack their 360's. cause when you install the new firmware to make your xbox's play these games, you change the file versions and what not, so if your xbox's source code doesn't match up to an official microsoft release? BAM BAM! Your xbox is locked eternally from connecting to xbox live servers. ouch that gotta hurt.

If you wanted to waste money why not just buy a playstation 3 instead of trying to mod a good console?

Yes, it is possible but not possible through Xbox Live, but considering that xbox's have problems with their hardware, and opening the case to do this is voiding all warrantees that you may have, if your puppy breaks cause of a fault of microsoft like overheating or something, bad luck pal, cause they will just blame it on your attempts @ configging their console.

Whatever you do, good luck, haha

Sydz

burn copys of games and play them on xbox live with a gold account.

how about you BUY the game and SUPPORT the people who have put time and effort into designing+developing+marketing it.
i pay for the games i own, why can't you?

90% of the games they put out are pieces of **** not even worthy of the title "video game". I personally have a modded wii so I can play games before I decide to flush $50 down the toilet on a piece of ****.

lol, yeah, i don't think you are allowed to ask, but I looked into it a while ago and I advise staying far far away! Reasons:

To burn the games you need to have your xbox open and connected to your computer through some crazy *** wires directly onto your xbox's motherboard or something, it isn't a simple case of copy DVD. It takes time and you need to start fresh for each game, but there are tutorials out there. Risky if you don't know what you are doing.

There isn't just a mod chip that you plug in and it works fine and / or dandy. You gotta install firmware and flash the xbox, yet again through programs run on the computer and you yet again plugging things into the console's hardware.

You wanna play on xbox live? har har har, you gotta be kidding. microsoft aint morons, they pwn up people who hack their 360's. cause when you install the new firmware to make your xbox's play these games, you change the file versions and what not, so if your xbox's source code doesn't match up to an official microsoft release? BAM BAM! Your xbox is locked eternally from connecting to xbox live servers. ouch that gotta hurt.

If you wanted to waste money why not just buy a playstation 3 instead of trying to mod a good console?

Yes, it is possible but not possible through Xbox Live, but considering that xbox's have problems with their hardware, and opening the case to do this is voiding all warrantees that you may have, if your puppy breaks cause of a fault of microsoft like overheating or something, bad luck pal, cause they will just blame it on your attempts @ configging their console.

Whatever you do, good luck, haha

Sydz

umm no just no
to burn a game you only need your computer and a dl dvd burner
you do not need to have your 360 hooked up to your pc, idk who keeps telling people this, but they are retarded

yes you have to flash the firmware on the disk dive but that is really easy if you read up on it, and all it takes is a sata cable going from your 360 to your motherboard, REALLY SIMPLE

and as long as you dont play the burnt games online you shouldnt get banned, i have 3 modded with no bans at all

read up on it some more, it is not a waste of money aat all, apparantly SOME people dont understand how it works

and also if you get the red rings you can still have it replaced

yeah voidong your precious 3 year warranty on tat Xbox will suck with failur rates as high as 33%

yeah voidong your precious 3 year warranty on tat Xbox will suck with failur rates as high as 33%

i do think as well that it would be absolutely stupid to mess with your 360 when there are problems with every system. if you can afford a ps3 or 360 you can afford a game, go out and buy it...not that hard.

I know several people who have returned their modded 360s and gotten new ones.

Also, what you say is just untrue. People who buy a lot of games will spend alot on games.

If you would normally have bought 20 games, you're saving like $1000, you could buy 2 more systems if they did fail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom