Remembered Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshort

In Runtime
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital (Dell) I replaced with a regular Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 because the dell version of the card doesn't work very well with linux (couldn't find any decent drivers either). But at the moment I'm using windows.

Well it works great for awhile, but after a few weeks it starts to remember some of the sounds that have recently played on my computer. I have AIM conversations often and sometimes I hear the "BRING" randomly when I'm not having an AIM conversation. I was playing Need For Speed Underground and when I stoped playing it would often screech as if I was drifting when I'm not even playing. So I put my Dell card back in to see if it was any different. It's not, it still remembers and plays recently used sounds. When I'm playing music or sound on purpose though I don't get any of the "Remembered" sounds.

I feel like its playing a prank on me, because I look for an AIM message every time I hear the "BRING" and there isn't one. :confused:

Some help with this? :rolleyes:

is it only playing the bring sound? Are you seeing any events in event log that might indicate an error somewhere? what are your specs anyway? machine info and that stuff. As well as os?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom