Fully Optimized
S P E C S

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3000+ (1600 FSB)
MOBO: Abit KV8-Max 3
PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 w/ Low Noise Technology
RAM: 512 Mb Corsair XMS (PC3200)
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar (SATA) 120 Gb

Do u think that this will have enough performance to play FarCry and other new games with VERY high FPS? Keep in mind I am getting another 512 Mb of Corsair XMS (1 Gb in total).

And, what do u think of my specs? Opinions?... :)

Thx very much in advance!

Very nice, should go pretty fast. I will warn you about abit though, they are kind of...value boards...I have one and love it. However it isnt really for harcore gaming, go MSI or Asus.

Really? Abit is cheap? I have heard good things about this mobo in specific..:

kv8-max3-lg.jpg

Abit KV8-MAX3

What do u think?

Hahaha! Far cry? Your great! You'll be able to play better games than that I imagine! It will be a while until your computer is out dated!!!!! One consideration I just see now. I would upgrade you ram! Maybe buy a stick of one gig than get another gig later on! But You'll be able to run games fine I believe!

-Eric

I suggest a Gigabyte K8N Pro motherboard, will support the whole 1600MHZ FSB rather than 800MHZ which most socket 754 motherboards have (don't ask me why) and is also less expensive than the KV8

a Seagate SATA drive - WD don't have true SATA, and Seagate are silent and are prolly better quality, not that WD are bad, they're not, but Seagate are a better HDD

and instead of 1 stick of 512MB RAM, get TwinX (pack of 2) and try and get PC3200 'XL' which has 2-2-2-5 latencies (the lowest of all RAM disks so far)

I think people need to realize that with any machine playing FarCry you will see a little bit of a hiccup once in awhile. I believe it's with their engine and not your rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom