Moniter not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
This is what happened.

This was on my Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
My fan was all clogged up and I cleaned it, as I was disconnecting the fan cable I used my min screwdriver and touched the motherboard. It then proceeded to make a "very small" spark on the board.

I then fixed the clogged up vents on my fan and put the computer back together turned it on and everything turned on but I cannot see anything on the moniter.

Does anyone know what happened and what to do? Thanks.

Hello,

There's a strong possibility that you may have damaged a component with electrostatic discharge.

Try resetting your BIOS, and see if the problem persists.

Seriously, no offense but "monitor" doesn't convey a meaning. That small spark is electrostatic discharge. This is because you didn't ground yourself, step one in working with computers. The spark is a very low voltage but high amped.

if your here to go around and police people about spelling, greg, find somewhere else to do this.

sadly if you can see the spark, that makes it HUGE in a computers eyes. meaning it can be a lot smaller to the point of not seeing it, and it will do damage. i agree this is likely what happened. this will likely require a new MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom