Power Supply Wattage? (Newb question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, but I like to at least try to make informed decisions :p Why exactly would the 320 be OK when I have enough to spend on the 640 and bet set for a few years?

Thanks for the advice, but I like to at least try to make informed decisions :p Why exactly would the 320 be OK when I have enough to spend on the 640 and bet set for a few years?

the extra memory just gives u like 2 more FPS in a game, and thats not worth the extra 200$

Just because the 640 has double the memory, doesn't mean double the performance. Reviews have shown, that it barely has an advantage to the 320, when playing under the same resolutions. You're better off saving the extra money, from buying the 320mb, and upgrading to a 9 series later on in the future.

It's twice as much MB though... wouldn't that help with games that come out a year or so from now? I'm looking for as high performance as I can afford, but if its only 2FPS then bleh, but long term wouldn't it be a better investment?

No it wouldn't. What resolution, do you plan on playing games at? You can just sell the 320, and get a better card than the 640.

It's twice as much MB though... wouldn't that help with games that come out a year or so from now? I'm looking for as high performance as I can afford, but if its only 2FPS then bleh, but long term wouldn't it be a better investment?

well the 9 series will DESTROY new games.... and most of us are considering picking up a 9800gts...

So I should go with the 320 and wait for a 9 series. OK. Man you guys are awesome, saving me money all over the place :D

Is there a better card with better performance available? I mean, whats the best card out there for around the same price range as the 640, or is the 320 the best deal and best performance I can get?

So I'll be able to play all recent games on max settings or close to max settings?

And a secondary question, which manufacturer should I go with? EVGA? PNY? XFX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom