Question about my B3 q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i got impatient and traded my e6600 for a q6600 but its only b3 stepping and runs hot as well you know. I still have a week left where i can return it to microcenter, but it will only be for credit. My quandry is this. Should i order a new q6600 from somewhere that i know i can get a g0 then return the b3 and get an evga 8800gts as trade? Currently microcenter has the 8800gts overclocked version for 279 after rebates and i paid 289 for the cpu.

The only way to know for sure is to check the box. Its part of the serial number. Sadly when i bought mine microcenter only had b3's and i figured a b3 was still better than my e6600. Newegg is a gamble at the moment.

You can't tell unless you receive it. Look on the label, and if it says SLACR next to the model number, than it's G0.

Someone back me up on this. I need the extra kick in the pants. I'm really debating on ordering a g0 from tankguys, because they guarantee the g0 and returning my b3 for the 8800gts.

Well depends on price... Newegg at 299 if it's roughly same price I would say yea but how badly do you want a GO...Also what are the chances considering I ordered today that I will get a GO stepping Q6600?

The chances of getting a G0 are better than before, as most likely, alot of the B3 stock has been sold.

Right now the only way to ensure getting a g0 is to order from tankguys. Everyone else is just a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom