Block MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey1

In Runtime
hey everyone
in a bit of situation got a brother and sister who are absolutley obssessed with MSN and are getting distracted when they should be doing homework etc. Is their a way of blocking it, but still access it myself on the occasions that i need to (i have actually finished school and working so im not being selfish)

thanks in advanced

Other than creating a limited account for them and making sure that the MSN is on the admin account and teh files are private. I dont know. Maybe block it thru a firewall with a password that only you know.

Are you on XP or Vista?

Cant you block the port MSN uses?

Think its like 80 or something... but then again I could just be making this up, idk.

When I had McAfee firewall you had a list of programs that were allowed to access the internet and could be restricted to certain user accounts and was password protected.

Well, neither I do except for installing msn only for you nad not for all the users or blocking it with firewall. Anyway, how many messages and chat are they receiving btw? And how much do they study? I usually study about 2-4 hours depending on the lessons I have the next day (without the projects we have for weekends). It's not much I would say, cause I am a really good student (94% overall) and besides the studies are quite difficult specifically on Ancient Greek and Algebra and I need some tme to achieve a high mark.

I modified my friends pc so that he will be able to view the actions of his sister on the windows and internet and block her to run some programms through Vista parental control. I also modified the schedule that she will be able to access the pc, so a chance to do that is by installing vista, if you are planning to you could do it now. Another thing you could to is to buy a pc of your own so that you could access it privately and then modify their pc not to allow msn to run. The most perfetic but efficient way to prevent it is to take off the phone cable from the pc on study hours, but I'm sure you'll end up with having about 2-10 phone cables depending on how much of their budget they would give to buy some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom