If i overcloked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hello there, say i overclocked a home pc, would i see a significant change in performance?

This is the computer (reallyyy bad i know)
P4 1.8ghz
512 Ram
128 Graphics

As Vaanish mentioned, if this is a pre-built from a retail company, like HP or something, you won't be able to overclock.

If you are, my guess is you won't go far. Chances are, you have an old motherboard. You should tell more specs about that system. Like, what graphics card? Speed of RAM?

I guess if you can overclock, you could probably get at least an extra 100MHz-300MHz, out of that P4, considering the motherboard and cooler. Which I'm assuming, you're using the stock. But you won't see a significant boost, from a 300MHz overclock. The graphic card would be easier to overclock though. And you can do this with software. The popular ones are, ATI Tool or Rivatuner.

ahk sorry i don't have the desktop with me right now, so i cant give you the required information.

300mhz?? i never knew you could over clock that much, and if i was...able to clock it to that much, why would i not see a significant difference?

lol,sorry for all the questions, first timer!!!:)

300MHz is just not a big number, in terms of overclocking. You'll really see a difference with a 1GHz overclock. It's like day and night. I'd say 500+ overclock is somewhere, where you'd see the difference.

300mhz is puny

I got a 1Ghz overclock on my Pentium 4 520 (2.8 to 3.8ghz). But if you bought your PC from a company such as HP/Dell/Compaq you won't be able to overclock your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom