Next big thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One large rail, supposedly is better for SLI. Someone explained it here before. If I remember correctly, it's something about not having to waste amps, from the multiple rails.

Eh, still sticking with my Seasonic.

Also what is the difference between Q6600, and the Q6600 G0? My friend just bought the latter, and I forgot with the difference is, if thier is oine.

Eh, still sticking with my Seasonic.

Also what is the difference between Q6600, and the Q6600 G0? My friend just bought the latter, and I forgot with the difference is, if thier is oine.

The two main revisions of the Q6600, is the older B3 stepping, and the newest G0 stepping. The G0 stepping consumes less power, producing less heat, therefore yielding better overclocking results.

Oh...I found that quote, I mentioned about single rails vs. multiple rails. Here:
mrfluffles said:
Single rails are better because with multiple 12v rails, some power can be wasted because a single part can only use power from a single rail (ie it can't take power from two different ones) so if it uses like 15 amps and the rail is rated for 18, 3 of those amps are wasted.. On a single rail, all the parts that run on 12v would take power from that rail and the only power wasted would be the power that the computer doesn't need..

The two main revisions of the Q6600 is the older B3 stepping, and the newest G0 stepping. The G0 stepping consumes less power, producing less heat, therefore yielding better overclocking results.

Oh...I found that quote, I mentioned about single rails vs. multiple rails. Here:

Ok thanks, so the G0 is better, b/c of the new stepping technology? thanks.

q6600s with g0 stepping are crazy overclockers, i've got mine running at 3.9 ghz currently

Man that's awesome!....I'm getting the G0 and the Ultra-120 extreme, except the P5K Deluxe, but the DS3R should be good.

q6600s with g0 stepping are crazy overclockers, i've got mine running at 3.9 ghz currently

Guess i made the right decision about ordering a g0 and returning my b3 for a video card then :) Hey big lemme know if you find a good deal on the ultra-120 extreme, thats what im looking at getting and so far the cheapest ive found it is 60 bucks

You can't guarantee a 3.9GHz overclock on the Q6600, because every chip overclocks differently, but it should come close.

Oh, i dont plan on trying to squeeze every mhz out of it, but i was really disappointed to see my b3 running at 50C idle especially when its not supposed to go over 61 at load. The g0's can take up to 70 degrees load correct?

Well you were using stock cooling, correct? That's why it was running pretty warm. If you had an aftermarket cooler like the Tuniq, the B3 would of ran much cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom