Thinking about an HTPC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to HD in that post, I guess I didn't make that clear. If you read the entire thread you would notice that since the very beginning. All I was trying to get across was the fact that you can't get HD signals out of your box to your computer, thats all.

ah ok, my bad.

you're off track a bit here man.

Digital cable doesnt mean high definition.

coaxial from wall to cable box, coaxial out from cable box to tv tuner card - it will record what you're watching - it doesnt care. It might not be able to record the high def channels with the quality - or even at all, but it will record normal channels.

what digital cable allows is better encryption of channels so people cant steal them and the ability to have more channels.

can you find a digital cable box which has a coax out? in my experience i have only seen component out and hdmi out... i.e. no way to split it to your pc unless you do s-video.

Agian... thats QAM, not cable HD.

can you find a digital cable box which has a coax out? in my experience i have only seen component out and hdmi out... i.e. no way to split it to your pc unless you do s-video.

my HD cable box does have coaxial out but it still don't work.

That is great. I just hate waiting 6-10 weeks, for the money to come back. Usually I always forget that I sent it, and get the "wtf...when did I do this" look, when the check does come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom