Possible System Instability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
So, since I got my Artic Pro 7, I have gone farther with overclocking.

Today, I pushed my Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHZ) to 2.3GHz, and it seems that Windows XP just freezes. I am wondering if it is because I'm overclocking to far, or if I have a virus.

My emps are also normal, below 30 most of the time.

im going to run a virus scan and ad-aware scan right now, but I hope its not the overclocking that is casuing this.

it is the overclocking, in a manner of speaking.
i dont think there is any way that cpu needs more voltage to overclock 170mhz...its your ram. i bet, hmmmm 90/10 odds. specs, please. cant tell anything else without your complete system specs (at least, the cpu, ram (speed, maker, model etc), motherboard, and maybe the graphics card and psu.

it is the overclocking, in a manner of speaking.
i dont think there is any way that cpu needs more voltage to overclock 170mhz...its your ram. i bet, hmmmm 90/10 odds. specs, please. cant tell anything else without your complete system specs (at least, the cpu, ram (speed, maker, model etc), motherboard, and maybe the graphics card and psu.

P5NSLI

Regular PSU w/ case (upgrading to Seasonic soon)

Core 2 Duo E6420

Kingston PC 5400 (i think its underclocked) 2GB

5400 is ddr2 667
okay, so what speed is your ram running (mhz)?
i bet it isnt underclocked unless you did that inadvertently....but i could be wrong.:)
what speed does cpuz memory tab show you?

5400 is ddr2 667
okay, so what speed is your ram running (mhz)?
i bet it isnt underclocked unless you did that inadvertently....but i could be wrong.:)
what speed does cpuz memory tab show you?

When ever I changed my FSB my memory would change. Right now, it says speed is

it started to happen again, i just put everything back on stock speeds, and mem speeds.

sounds like some kind of file corruption, i dont know too much about that man. i just know overclocking and ram. it could be a ram problem...have you tried running memtest or orthos at stock speeds?
start with orthos, if it fails, run memtest. it could definitely still be a ram problem...but you are correct, your ram is underclocked.

sounds like some kind of file corruption, i dont know too much about that man. i just know overclocking and ram. it could be a ram problem...have you tried running memtest or orthos at stock speeds?
start with orthos, if it fails, run memtest. it could definitely still be a ram problem...but you are correct, your ram is underclocked.

I ran orthos when I had it overclocked to 2.2GHz, and it ran fine. its prolly my ram b/c its the valueram crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom