E6850 or Q6600 I order everything tommorow please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the QX6850 has unlocked multipliers, and that processor is $1000+. I'm sure he only meant the E6850, which doesn't have the unlocked multiplier. It would get a higher overclock, but for the same price as the E6850, it's a no brainer to go for the Q6600.

Not that this really matters but the QX6700 has an unlocked multiplier too. ;)

Hey guys I've been doing alot of poking around looking for benchmarks, advice and from what I've been reading everyone says that unless your doing 3d STudio max or some other intensive app you don't need a quad. I mainly game... should I just go for the 6850? Or Q6600 for the future?

E6850 its not worth it get an E6750 instead or a Q6600 but don't get an E6850 because the E6750 can pass that speed, if you want to save more $$ you could even buy a E6550 and overclock it as well.

If you do decide to get a q6600 go with clubit, i just ordered mine today for 315 including 2 day shipping, and they guarantee the g0 stepping.

hopefully they dont pull what ncix did and guarantee a SLACR one day and the next change it to SLU9M

Well this is why i called first. The order confirmation says SLACR so if i get it and its a b3 i'll be returning it and/or disbuting the charge since its not what i ordered :) Actually, the item itself is a SLACR rather than just a q6600 that they "guarantee".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom