sad now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1gh7

Baseband Member
well....i just got an email from ncix and it looks like i will be getting b3 stepping...

how well do you guys think i'll be able to overclock it with a Asus p5k deluxe mobo, and a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme?

eehhh....well....at clubit.com you can get a q6600 with g0 stepping, so i'd go there because they they guarantee it. So rma the quad you got now and go get yourself a g0 :D

btw, from what i've seen q6600's that are g0 stepping tend to be able to overclock to 3.8 ghz, and some even get up to 4 ghz... so going with a g0 would be the best way to go i think...

You can get the Q6600 G0 to 4GHz, with a good watercooling kit, or if you have a really good cooler, like the TR Ultra-120 Extreme.

i wouldnt go through the hassle of RMAing it just keep it and you will be able to get it to around 3.2-3.4 on air
which will be a really good performance increase, i seriously doubt you will notice the difference between that and 3.8 g0 stepping

well....i just got an email from ncix and it looks like i will be getting b3 stepping...

how well do you guys think i'll be able to overclock it with a Asus p5k deluxe mobo, and a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme?

well u got all the good other stuff, just ur b3 being a limiting factor... i say 3.4ish..... (like fade said)

Odd, I ordered about a week ago, before ordering I emailed them to see if I'd get a g0 stepping, and they told me they were all out of b3's.. I got 2x SLACR's from them.

i wouldnt go through the hassle of RMAing it just keep it and you will be able to get it to around 3.2-3.4 on air
which will be a really good performance increase, i seriously doubt you will notice the difference between that and 3.8 g0 stepping

the difference between 3.4 and 3.8 on a quad is quite noticeable, enough so to want to rma a b3 and get a g0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom