engineering platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay feel free to ask questions here. I would say build your own. Thats a lot better then buying and dual xeon machines are hard to come by when you buy prebuilt. Now if you give us a budget we can probably give you everything you need from a trusted site like www.newegg.com. Or you can do it yourself you going to need these things

Dual xeon motherboard
2 xeon cpus
hard drive
cd drive
floppy
case with powersupply
memory
video card
thermal compound for the cpus

Basically thats everything you need, you can research em and post uip everything after you have it configured or i can do one for you for a budget.

be sure to look into the firegl line of cards from ati. I'm not sure what your doing, but you might need full open gl support. I have read about people being very disappointed with 9800's because they dont offer this. Does anyone know if he does need a firegl card?

wow thnaks for the info. once i get some cash together i may get yall to "build" the sytem up and i will order the parts you recomend. basically i need to do design, modeling, as well as simulation and analysis for stress, strain, deflection and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom