i need a wee bit o help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the registry entries for quickbooks will not be in the new OS's hive you would not be able to launch it from the old hard drive unless you started the machine from the os on that disk. There is no easy way to mod the registry to fool the os into thinking you installed it so you will have to reinstall. The QB DB file is easy to move in any case, you don't even have to move it really. When QB opens up it will ask you where the DB is and you can just point it to where it was on the old HD. I just did a QuickBooks install for one of our clients so most of it is still fresh in my memory. If you have any specific questions about it you can pm me. =)

Because the registry entries for quickbooks will not be in the new OS's hive you would not be able to launch it from the old hard drive unless you started the machine from the os on that disk. There is no easy way to mod the registry to fool the os into thinking you installed it so you will have to reinstall. The QB DB file is easy to move in any case, you don't even have to move it really. When QB opens up it will ask you where the DB is and you can just point it to where it was on the old HD. I just did a QuickBooks install for one of our clients so most of it is still fresh in my memory. If you have any specific questions about it you can pm me. =)

i've done that countless times when i was new to the forum... i hit back, and wanted to see if i made errors in facts or spelling.... then i'm like ... my post isn't there... time to rekey :)

AWESOME! thanks quazibee!
ok, one more question while i amthinking about it...
when i point out the file on the old hdd, will it automatially be palced on the NEW hdd, in the area that quickbooks will need to access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom