Overclocking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
I am trying to overclock. I raised the fsb to 344 and lowered the multiplier to 3 in order to get 3ghz. But then when I save it to bios and boot up xp everest shows that the multiplier is still at 9 but the fsb has been lowered to 380. What is the problem?

Now everest shows that the multiplier is 7 and the fsb is 381.18. I checked the bios again and it still says that the multiplier is set at 9 and the fsb at 344

Check it with CPUZ, I feel that will give better reading, Everest always seemed weird to me. Also, it may be doing that stepping thing (i forget what its called) where it will lowers the multiplier when there is no load on it then jumps up when there is.

I changed the multiplier back to the default 10 and everything started showing the correct clock. It seemed like the gigabyte easytune software was messing stuff up when the clock was at 9, although I am not sure what was doing it. I uninistalled easytune and might try again with a multiplier of 9 eventually.

Anything higher than 270 fsb at a multiplier of 10 causes the system not to start. Windows boots up right away, then after you try to restart it won't post. Could someone tell me what I need to do differently and/or what my bottleneck is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom