Needing help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Alright, changing the FSB to 299, and restarting the computer, I get this message : A 266MHz system bus processor is installed. This processor is not supported on this system board, and will run at reduced processor clock speed. System performance will be impacted.

After getting that message it comes to this one and it hasn't even come up to the splash screen yet : Windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt : \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

That second message comes up even if my FSB is set to 288. Can anybody help me please?

You need to boot from your windows cd and run a chkdsk. chances are that will fix your problem. If it doesn't there are a few other things we can do before anything gets drastic.

There may be a tag you have to add to the chkdsk command for it to fix the errors, google that, silly it doesnt do it automatically. Try to boot after that, hopefully that fixed your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom