how does this setup look for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
here is all the stuff I will get (I dont have a crap load of money)
Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Any other sudgestions? I am defineately getting that video card. Any alternatives for motherboards or CPUs? I wanna know what else is out there that is similar. I just wanna game, and not worry about FPS. I will also be playing games on a widescreen monitor. PLZ post back, thanks guys!!!

You know that Crucial RAM looks real ugly on newegg pictures. But in real life it's very sexy. Looks good.

They are two completely different brands and modules? The crucial is very overclockable.

These overclockers know things about brands and parts you'll never figure out by looking at the box.

so that motherboard looks about the same as the P35-DS3R it just doesnt have RAID?

The main differences between the S3L and the DS3R, is that the S3L has 4 less SATA ports, no support for RAID, and doesn't have that Ultra Durable feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom