New System pls help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rommy_tqt

Baseband Member
I am plan to build a new system that I am going to buy soon. Here is the stuff i will buy.

Pentium Core 2 Duo E6850
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R
4 X 1 Gbyte DDR2 Twin2X 800MHz PC6400 corsair
Asus 640MB 8800 GTS
Western Digital SATA II 250GB
Case Centurion 534 (420W)
LG Black IDE CD-RW Kit
Samsung Black IDE DVD-ROM
Windows Vista Home Premium

Please advise me what you all think about this system and any improvement need?

TIA

Theres no point in getting an E6850, when for the same price, you can get the Q6600. Which has two more cores, and 4 more MB cache.

Why do you need 4GB of RAM? Are you photo and video editing? Graphic design? If no, then 2GB is all you need.

You don't need the 640mb version of the 8800GTS, because it's not that much better than the 320mb. Double the memory, is not double the performance. Save yourself the money.

Oh....and don't use that power supply included, with that case. It's not reliable. Get an XClio GREATPOWER 550w, or a Corsair 520HX.

Theres no point in getting an E6850, when for the same price, you can get the Q6600. Which has two more cores, and 4 more MB cache.

Why do you need 4GB of RAM? Are you photo and video editing? Graphic design? If no, then 2GB is all you need.

You don't need the 640mb version of the 8800GTS, because it's not that much better than the 320mb. Double the memory, is not double the performance. Save yourself the money.

Oh....and don't use that power supply included, with that case. It's not reliable. Get an XClio GREATPOWER 550w, or a Corsair 520HX.

agreed 100%.... also why did she call it a Pentium Core 2 Duo?

i bet if you take a poll, and ask which processors intel makes, they'll either say celeron, or pentium, its all everyone knows, plus they dominated the processors (pentium 1-4) for decades before last year

or the E6550 is a even cheaper alternative that will overclock very well

I was just saying the Q6600, because it looks like she can afford one, if she was considering the E6850. But the E6550 would be a nice cheaper alternative, if she decides to go save the money.

Nothing wrong with IDE CD drive unless you have an open case. The wires are just fat. If you're running XP you should only need 2GB of ram.

If I were you I'd take out 2GB of ram and the 8800GTX 640MB (around $400) and exchange it for a 8800GTX (around $500).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom