Dual Core Processor Issues--Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
But thats the weird thing, The line in both graphing boxes are spiked near the top when i have no programs running what so ever

But thats the weird thing, The line in both graphing boxes are spiked near the top when i have no programs running what so ever

That is wierd. Is the system really slow, like it's got no CPU cycles left over too? (Huge delays and waits to open anything, even the start menu, and so on.)

Because from that task manager list, it just looks like a display bug. I've never seen anything like this before, honestly.

umm well everything seemed a little bit slow but things don't take forever to open up really, my CPU is at 80% right now but i just tried to open a bunch of things and they all opened in a few seconds, so i think things might have seemed slower because i thought my comp was being slow, is it possible that my processor usage not really be at 80% and its just displaying it wrong? because ive reinstalled vista like 3 or 4 times both 32bit and 64bit and its the same problem. so could nothing be worng at all and its jsut vista is reading the cpu wrong?

umm well everything seemed a little bit slow but things don't take forever to open up really, my CPU is at 80% right now but i just tried to open a bunch of things and they all opened in a few seconds, so i think things might have seemed slower because i thought my comp was being slow, is it possible that my processor usage not really be at 80% and its just displaying it wrong? because ive reinstalled vista like 3 or 4 times both 32bit and 64bit and its the same problem. so could nothing be worng at all and its jsut vista is reading the cpu wrong?

I'd bet money that Vista's just reading the processor usage wrong. (I don't know what would make it do that, but I bet that Microsoft support would...)

If your processor usage was really that high, you wouldn't have any questions about it. When I have any issues with those OS processes locking the CPU at >90%, it will literally take 15 seconds for the start menu to open after I click it. I go into the task manager to kill the process, but that also literally takes a minute or two, because of how long it takes for the OS to open up task manager, change tabs and then pop up that stupid box asking if I *really* want to stop the process... and the to actually stop it. Blech. svchost is my mortal enemy. >:/

Ok i'll give Microsoft Support a shot and see if they can be helpful for once. But thank you very much, this was really bothering me a lot. I hope its just that windows is reading the usage wrong cause that would let me rest easy. Thanks again CitizenCain you were a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom