Something wrong with my comp.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried asking the Guild Wars tech support. Perhaps there is an issue with the game it self or compatability issues with the game and your hardware, since it seems to be isolated to GW. I guess that would be my next step since everything else and other apps and games aren't causing the same problems.

does ne1 who play guild wars get this kind of problem? I get the feeling that I'm the only person who gets this kind of problem.....

On my old compter (P4 2.8GHz geforce 6600GT) my video card would start to overheat if I turned the graphics to max setting. Usually I would just start to see artifacts, but occasionly I would lock up. Actually sorta of like you, this started happening about 6 months after I had been playing the game without a problem. Basically I just had to turn down the graphics options to about the medium-low level and things were fine.
But since you've already tried that I'm kinda at a loss.

already tried that before and it still crashed randomly. I turned it down to the lowest settings in guild wars. I think it's the drivers problem. Do u guys know which driver for nvidia's video card is stable for guild wars?

Alright I updated my Geforce 7600 GS drivers to the most recent and after I updated the drivers, I got a message saying this after the game froze.
Quote, " The nv4_disp display driver stopped working normally. Please save your work and reboot your system to send a report to Microsoft."
This is what I remember most about the message so bare with me.
I don't know what to say. If there's any solution for this problem, then it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know your rig, but besides all of those. If you have a Powersupply that doesn't give enough juice into the system, your who system will freeze and shutdown. So if you ahve a small PSU borrow a bigger one from a friend or something... I play GW all the time and nothing happens. And the bug in the game would only shut down the game, not your whole rig.

I don't know your rig, but besides all of those. If you have a Powersupply that doesn't give enough juice into the system, your who system will freeze and shutdown. So if you ahve a small PSU borrow a bigger one from a friend or something... I play GW all the time and nothing happens. And the bug in the game would only shut down the game, not your whole rig.

I don't know about you but it made my game freeze and I can't even access the task manager. So I had to hard reboot the system.

Anyways, this is what I have in my rig:

AMD Athlon 2500+ XP OCed to 2.0 GHZ
A7N8X Deluxe
Kingston 1GB RAM PC3200
Antec 500 watt PSU
PNY GeForce 7600 GS
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Edition
2x 120 GB HD
48x Plexwriter
Memorex Double Layer DVD Burner
Linksys Network Card

Status