Final specs on my new gaming PC any last recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was gonna step up to a ultra from my gtx

i paid 519.99 at newegg, and the ultra is 609.99 through them also...BUT the ultra from evga is 699.99

not worth it

Looking good but like TheOtis said very few computers built now will be able to play the new games coming out in 2 or 3 years. However your build is very recommendable and shouldn't require more than a few tweaks over time to get it to play the new games nicely. Such as a change of graphics card maybe even a processor eventually.

Have you considered waiting for the nVidia 9-series?

how does anyone know what the games 2-3 years from now are going to require? the games from 2-3 years ago run okay on rigs from 3-4 years before that. maybe you should wait to get a rig that will play games that haven't even come out yet. wait....how would that work? will it play the games coming out in a couple years? probbaly so, maybe not max settings, but it will work. like people talking about crysis this and crysis that....
i doubt VERY seriously that the software developers of that game made it so you MUST have a quad-core cpu and 8gb of ram and an 800 dollar graphics card just to play it. ya know? bad business.

lol, thats what "upgrading" is all about. who knows what computer life will be in 3 years for christ's sake.

6800GT which is about 3 years old and can play most of todays games fine without any problem

exactly! i think that anything that is built today with good parts (certainly the parts that o.p. listed qualify) will be able to play games for the next 3-4 years, no problem.

It was only recently that I was not able to play modern games on my 9200. That's a 4 year old budget card that wasn't really meant for gaming even when it was new. That's not the problem though. You want to play games on all high and your native resolution. Playing games at 640x480 on low settings gets kinda nasty.

geforce4 mx is 5 years old budget video card. And it doesn't even support pixel shader at all

just thinking, Q6600 will be pretty **** bottlenecked by 8800GTS 320mb I think... I don't know, could be wrong, but Q6600 is very top of the line, and 320mb 8800 is kind of avg card now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom