Xp Install Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrellym

Baseband Member
I have a problem that doesnt seem to be anywhere on the internet.... Just finished building my own PC, got XP OEM today, and when i put the disc in, the CD checks my hardware config, and then opens a blue screen with a gray bar at the bottom, and text that says "Windows Setup" the gray bar asks me to hit F6 if i have any third party RAID or SCSI Drivers to install. I didn't so I waited. the message went away, but the blue screen just sat there, doing nothing. I left it alone for about an hour like that before deciding that it was no good, and then retried, to no avail, after several attempts with multiple Windows XP disks (all freezing at the same screen with no explanation) I came to the conclusion I would need to ask for help. Any suggestions?

PC specs:
MSI k9N platinum mobo
western Digital Caviar 160GB HDD
Lite On CD DVD reader/Writer combo
Generic Floppy Drive
1GB JetRAM
256MB Corsair ValueRAM
2.0 gHz AMD Manila Sempron Processor
500W Apevia switching power supply

P.S. I *had* Ubuntu 7.04 on this build because I was impatient to receive XP, it worked flawlessly, installed it of the live CD. I wiped the hard drive with the GParted Live CD before trying to install XP. The Disklabel on my HDD is msdos

*edit*
I have been turning the power on and off just by using the power button and reset switch.... Now, not even Ubuntu Live CD or G-Parted will boot from CD, So I Can't see if the problem is the HDD or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom