Final specs on my new gaming PC any last recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtech3000

In Runtime
Hey guys I'm sorry for all of the multiple posts but I just wanna make sure I get everything I want and get what is best recommended by everyone as well.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...p?WishListNumber=5735572&WishListTitle=New+PC

Check out my list and tell me what you think.

Below I'm going to just list some final details as to the type of user I am.

Hardcore gamer, playing WoW atm and occationaly Counter Strike Source. I'm looking forward to games like Crysis, Shadowrun and other Dx10 games.

I want a system that is future proof and will last me a good 3-5 years.

Very nice rig, BUT--------

A PC that'll last you 3-5 years? Not likely bro.

It'll work just fine for the next 3-5 years. As far as playing new games like Crysis you're fine.

BUT

A new game that comes out in 2 years that's like a million times better looking then Crysis, that rig won't handle it.

Just look at PC's two years ago. Like my last rig-

7800GT
X2 3800+
1.5 gigs of OCZ
ASUS mobo

That wouldn't even run Lost Planet on all medium/high settings smoothly.

Your rig would absoutely EAT WoW and CSS alive though.

save your self almost 100 bucks by going with the Gigabyte DS3R that goes for about 130 i think right now, great overclocker.

and you could save about 30 bucks by going with an oem hard drive instead of a retail one, your motherboard/psu already come with everything you need ofr the hdd so retail is not worth it

That looks like an awesome build there, Mechtech. Why don't you get the Corsair 520HX at buy.com?....it's $99.99 over there, plus free shipping.

Looks good.. However I might suggest a different DVD Burner, unless you really want LightScribe... the discs cost more, and it doesn't seem all too practical. If I were you, I would shoot for this one:

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write - OEM

It's a couple bucks cheaper, and slightly faster write speeds too; also I might trust Lite-On more, because I've never used an Asus DVD Burner.

That's just my 2 cents.

Looking good but like TheOtis said very few computers built now will be able to play the new games coming out in 2 or 3 years. However your build is very recommendable and shouldn't require more than a few tweaks over time to get it to play the new games nicely. Such as a change of graphics card maybe even a processor eventually.

Have you considered waiting for the nVidia 9-series?

How does that 90 day step up program from evga work? If 9xxx series comes out then, I could exchange my 8800 GTS for money off a 9800?

How does that 90 day step up program from evga work? If 9xxx series comes out then, I could exchange my 8800 GTS for money off a 9800?

yeah, and you pay the difference...but you pay the difference in the MSRP, not the newegg or tigerdirect price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom