Problems after loading XP on new computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwarg

Baseband Member
Alright so I recently loaded XP Home on a new hard drive after the old one crapped out. Then after installing the drivers for a few of my peripherals the machine would just crash and reboot itself. Here is the error message that Microsoft provided me with...

Microsoft Windows Error Reporting

This led me to believe that it was a problem with the printer drivers that came on the disc as it is the only HP product that I own. So yes I downloaded that fix from the Windows update site, then after rebooting and thinking that my problems would be solved I got the same error, only this time Microsoft gave me this...

Microsoft Windows Error Reporting

So when it says "no solution available" is that correct? You can't go in there somehow and remove the drivers? By the way the printer is an HP DeskJet 970C Series Printer.

If the solution to this is to reformat, that's fine since I haven't really done much to it yet.

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling your HP printer drivers?

Try uninstalling them, and see if you can download and install newer drivers from the HP website.

I'm not exactly sure how to mess with drivers and what not, but would it be done like this?

exactly what i was thinking. take all the old drivers and even the software off the computer, unplug the printer, and reboot. Follow this link Product search results and select your exact model. download the driver and install. then plug your printer back in ( if your printer connects through a serial or parallell port you have to turn system off) if connects by usb you can just plug it in. now reboot your system again. and post back your results. Good luck!

Hmmm, that's interesting. After disconnecting the printer entirely and uninstalling the drivers through the device manager, the add new hardware wizard still detects the printer somehow and asks me if I wan't to install the drivers for it. I think there may be some residual stuff left over form it or something. But I'll continue with the instructions you provided me with. Just thought that was a little odd.

you mention that you got rid of the drivers, did you remove the software taht comes with your printer> go to control panel and then add/remove programs, and remove the software, then reboot the computer, and continue following the instructions.

Alright that problem is fixed thanks for the help. However now I have a new problem, the onboard sound device has no drivers and I have no idea where I can find the correct ones as the motherboard never came with a disc with them on it. I tried uninstalling the hardware then reinstalling the hardware but nothing happens. This is what I'm seeing....

*edit*
nvm i found them lol

The best thing to do is to go to the mother board manufacture website, find your model. then they might have something. if not you'll need to know the chipset, then you go to there webite and they will have all the drivers you'll need. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom