Modded my PC and Now the Webcam Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernTantalus

Baseband Member
Basically what the title says. I did all the modding and everything works great, except my webcam. It worked fine prior to the modding. All my other USB devices work fine and I tried the cam in several ports. All I can figure is the cam somehow got damaged at the same time I was modding, but that'd be quite the coincidence. Anyone have any ideas?

Are webcams plug and play? Or do you have to install some sort of an installation?
yes you need to install some software and drivers for it too work from the cd that comes with it, or via manufactures website.

What exactly did you "modd" anyway?

I just put some cable sleeving on and replaced some of my fans. The camera has the exact same software and drivers that it had before I made the mods.

Does the camera not turn on at all? (I dont know if there is a green light on it or something) If its accepting power then try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Could only take you 5 min.

The green light comes on. What happens is the image is all jumbled. I tried the cam on another computer and it works fine on that device, so I know the problem isn't with the cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom