weird temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have been wondering ever since I bought this board, wtf is with my chipset temp? it always hovering between 55C and 65C, and it means it, i burnt my finger on the mofo.

MOBO is in the sig, its my southbridge, the thing witht he fan that says "DFI". and I dont really think i can get a better chipset fan because my graphics card is right there, and the way the mobo manual says it, it sounds like the second x16 slot can not be used for graphics, because of a "chipset limitation". bullcrap, i think that "limitation" is makin my chipset freakin frying. I MEAN COME ON! its hotter than my **** cpu, which freaking loads at 35C

its just stock from the factory, and i am bone dry on thermal paste, last little bit i had was as big as a mouse turd, and that went under my cpu. i have heard stories of people using toothpaste, but i dont know....

i think that the heatsink is just too small. any suggestions on what would be a good heatsink for it? low profile, and good cooling? or maybe somethign i can whip up right now with beercans?

Man it sucks how the HSF for the northbridge is right in between the 2 PCI-e slots. Bummer ain't it? Well looking at the screws, I think it will fit right in between. For your VGA, it's a 7300LE, but what manufacturer is it made from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom