Going to try overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so what do i click when i get into bios do give me option of changing multiplier and fsb? How do i increase voltage? And i didnt really understand how to overclock memory do you think you could explain that again? How do i check temperatures?

Thank you for your feedback QuaziBee.
So, if I use the PC mainly to navigate on web, torrents and to see movies the CPU OC will not give me much gain, but if I OC the memories I should notice better gain.
One final question, considering only the memories performance, I will get a better OC on memories if I only OC the memories, or I will get the same performance as if I OC the memories and CPU.

Thank you for your help.

PS: Sorry if I haven't explained myself properly but I'm from Portugal and sometimes it's difficult to me to explain myself.

If you raise the FSB the memory will raise automatically as well some times is better to down the memory multiplier because you can achieve higher FSB and it will compensate for lower the memory multiplier so in other words: even if you lower your memory frequency it will eventually raise to the stock levels and even pass it just by raising your FSB.

If I'm wrong in this feel free to correct me..

k, i just need to no how to get to fsb and multiplier, and how i can check temperatures to make sure i dont fry my computer

Before overclocking
Disable All CPU features like Enhanced Speed Step, C1E(Enhanced Halt State), TM2....Etc

Set Vcore to manual and set it to about 1.25 volts (Standard Vcore for ur CPU)

1. Lower the DRAM frequency to 667MHZ from 800Mhz so it will be FSB:RAM=1:1

Update : Set ur PCIe frequency to Manual and set it to 100MHz just to be sure it wont go high and do Video card Probs

2. Increase the FSB to 400MHz from 333Mhz(your stock speed) dont change the multiplyer leave it at 8 or Auto.
When you do this ur DRAM frequency will increase to 800MHz so itll be running on stock speed, No OC on Ram

3. And u got a overclock of 3.2GHz

4. And if ur system is not stable enough Increase the Vcore just a little bit and itll all be fine...

5. Keep ur Eye on the CPU temp all the time, dont let them pass : CPU temp>65 Core#0 >75 Core#1 >75...use speed fan or Core Temp to monitor the Temps

6. Run Orthos for a few hours to test the Stability..if it dont return any errors u are all done

Remember this the simplest OCing u can do..

happy Ocing dont fry ur CPU :D

P35-DS3P + e6750 overclock guide

I found this at that link and seems to be pretty clear instructions? Is this what i should do? how do i run orthos? how do i disable cpu feautures what do i click to get to where i need to be to mess with the voltage frequencies and all that stuff?

hehe quazi bee was right after you that guide looked really good but i just need help on these questions i asked right above.

You can check your temps directly thru your BIOS in the PC health option, and you can also use the following programs to monitor when your pc in the OS:

Speedfan (not always accurate)
Everest Home edition

Also your mobo should have come with a tuner overclock program. DON'T try to overclock with this, but it does let you monitor the temps thru it.

Also the link posted above is very good, if you follow the steps in there you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom