8800 gts ,640mb power requirement problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtowns

In Runtime
Ive just bought a gigabyte 8800 gts 640mb & ive ordered this power supply SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

it has 2x 12v rails 40A = 20A each.. = 40A

I know my graphics card requires 400W 26A & i read on a fourm that you need 26A on 1 of the rails not combined !!! is this true & am i in big FU**** trouble ???

Specs

Cpu : intel pentium d 940 3.2 ghz
Ram : corsair 667mhz 1gb
HDD :1x wd ide 160gb 7200rmps

That's not true. That power supply is definitely capable of powering that 8800GTS. Why did you buy the 640mb version? It's no significant boost, from the 320mb version. You could of saved yourself some money, and upgrade other parts of your system.

No, the rails sometimes doesn't really matter much. I'm really sure that 560W PSU you got there will power up the the 8800GTS you got there. But like b1gapl said, you should have boughten the 320mb and saved some money.

well first of that good to hear !!! i would of been so ****ed if i had to send the power supply back. Well i just thought the games r gonna be getten more more hungry so i just went for the 640mb version & im using a 20 inch lcd

You said i should of got the 320mb & spend money on buying other hardware what do you suggest i need to upgrade ?

well first of that good to hear !!! i would of been so ****ed if i had to send the power supply back. Well i just thought the games r gonna be getten more more hungry so i just went for the 640mb version & im using a 20 inch lcd

You said i should of got the 320mb & spend money on buying other hardware what do you suggest i need to upgrade ?

The 20" LCD I assume has a native resolution of 1440 x 900, if widescreen. And the 320mb can handle that easily.

Like peter said, a better processor, and one more gig of ram.

yea im gonna be buying another 1gb stick soon , I would of thought my pentium d was ok ? 3.2ghz dual core ......... maybe i might buy 1 of those core 2 duo's but are the core 2 duo's much better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom