NEED HELP With New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rommy_tqt

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

i plan to build new computer and i just want to ask what is the difference between Intel E6750 and E6850. also video card between Asus 8800GTS 320MB and 8800GTS 640MB. and which brand is better between gigabyte Vs Asus. also about motherboad which one is better between Asus P5k and P5k-E wifi? or any suggestion which mobo is better? my budget for mobo is arround $200.

Thank you

with the cpus the main difference is that the e6850 is clocked higher then the e6750 with can be reached by overclocking very easily so the e6750 is the better choice. im not too sure bout wat the multiplyers are set at coz i forgot but that does not really matter since they are unlocked anyway so u can reach the same settings the e6850 has or go alot further.

the brands for video cards not NOT make any peformance difference, the only things to consider there are warranty and services/support etc..

the 320mb gts is a much better choice since the 640mb only has a very slight performace increase which is no way worth the extra cash, even at high resolutions.

with the p5k i think the normal version would do fine i think the other one by sounds of name has wifi attatchment and prob some extra features that u prob dun need. the p5k is actually a great mobo but u could also consider a gigabyte ds3r.

The 8800GTS video cards are going to be identical except for the speed. That's why one is rated at 320MB and the other at 640MB. Which mobo you get is entirely dependent on what you intend to do with your system. I'm personally partial to Intel, but that's a personal preference. My mobo ran $200 on tigerdirect.com. The E6850 is rated at 3.00GHz whereas the E6750 is only rated at 2.66GHz. Overclocking the E6750 to 3.00GHz is fine, but if you're new to building you should be aware that overclocking almost always voids your warranty so you want to make sure you get it right.

Hey rommy_tgt,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Agreed with what baron5 said.

If you were considering the E6850, then the Q6600 would be the one to go for, since you get two more cores, for the same price of the E6850. I'd go with the E6550, if you went dual core, to save some money.

Around the $200 range for a motherboard, the P5K Deluxe, looks really good.

jesus 7g posts u going up in life b1gapl.

yeah i would say same, really need to consider q6600 if spending that much, which will be a very good future proof cpu

So, gigabyte P35-DS3R is much better than Asus P5k-E Wifi ? pls advice me which mobo is better with Intel E6750

thank u

For the E6750, definitely the Gigabyte P35-DS3R. The ASUS P5K Deluxe, would be good for the Q6600.

if you really wanted to save money in the CPU area, I would go for an AMD AM2 64 X2 6000+ or whichever is the highest now. You won't see any realtime performance differences between them and the way more expensive intel chips (unless you benchmark).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom